Sunday, February 08, 2004

Highway 61 Revisited

Highway 61 Revisited... is one of my favorite Bob Dylan albums. I've had it since 1990, when I bought it in the Village one afternoon after basketball practice in high school. That CD made the trip with me to college in Atlanta and survived the sticky fingers of dormmates and dozens of drunken fraternity brothers. I took it on the road with me when I followed the Grateful Dead throughout the Southeast. It followed me to Brooklyn where it served as a functioning de-seeder plate... again, it emerged without any damage... and onto Seattle, where it escaped the thirsty eyes of my junkie, cash-scrapped roomies in the University district. I resisted the temptation to sell it at least a dozen times over the last deacde! Yet... it also managed to survive the cut. I almost traded it at the parking lot of a Phish show in Houston for a extra ticket. And, I listened to it on a bullet train from Tokyo to Nagoya.

Anyway, that CD was the sole background music when I was writing before. Some of Dylan's lyrical magic explodes... during the likes of Desolation Row and the Ballad of a Thin Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment