Thursday, May 13, 2004

Heart, Soul, and Soap Bubbles

It's been a long couple of days, I've been writing a slew of different things. I'm not specifically focused on one project and I've been working on multiple ideas... a screenplay, a new novel, revamping the templates on my sites... and trying to sort through all this mess with Nick Berg. That's been on my mind, and I'm trying to figure all this mess. It's an ugly shit sandwich and we're all gonna have to take a bite. I stole that line from Stanley Kubrick's epic film Full Metal Jacket.

Well, back to pop culture... that ultimate distraction which keep all of us mindless Americans in line... here's a link that a couple of my faithful readers sent me: Paris & Nicole's are back. And guess who's pumped for the new season? Here's a tease:
The outrageous fish-out-of-bottled-water series focuses on Hilton and Richie, who are again stripped of their cell phones, cash and credit cards. Departing from Miami Beach, FL and ending up in Beverly Hills, CA, the girls must navigate their way through this wild ride full of new jobs, host families and small towns across the country. From making reservations at The Ivy to making sausages for the locals, from trapping hot guys to trapping crawfish, these hilarious heiresses discover that life on the open road can sometimes drive you crazy. As the girls go from life in the fast lane to life in the carpool lane, the question still remains: can they survive THE SIMPLE LIFE 2? And can America survive them?
Rick's Cafe opens in Casablanca was pointed out to me from Al Can't Hang. I heard the owner of the new Rick's contacted the guys over at Rick's Cafe (my poker buddies).

Sex Tips... yes, we got 'em here. Signor Ferrari and Briana both sent me this story: Oral sex lessons to cut rates of teenage pregnancy. Here's a bit:
Encouraging schoolchildren to experiment with oral sex could prove the most effective way of curbing teenage pregnancy rates, a government study has found. Pupils under 16 who were taught to consider other forms of 'intimacy' such as oral sex were significantly less likely to engage in full intercourse...
Alex from the cool web-based comic Prom on Mars had a great review posted to MoviePoopshoot.com. Congrats, Alex.

Lastly, check out Don't Look Down, a post about my recent good streak of cards I have been getting. Here's a bit:
I've been afraid to write about my recent hot streak because I don't want to jinx myself, but to hell with all that. It's just a matter of time before this rush is over. When I got back from Vegas, I played horrible on Party Poker and needed a break. When I got back from a brief hiatus... I started kicking ass. You see, you cannot be afraid to play poker. You cannot be afraid to fail. It's a simple mantra in life, but it works when you apply it to poker. If you are afraid to lose, it's going to hurt your game.

When you play too timid, then you begin to second guess yourself when you see pots getting shoved to another player when you really should be stacking up those chips. No fear. Shit happens. Sometimes good cards get beat. You have to be able to stomach that if you want to play cards and piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs.
Yep, I'm hot. Read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment