Monday, April 05, 2004

Top 10 Phish in Las Vegas Moments: #10 Senor the Miracle Man

Phish will be playing in less than 10 days! And in honor of their return to Las Vegas, I will be blogging a favorite Phish in Las Vegas memory once a day until the first show next Thursday. Today.... #10.

#10 Senor the Miracle Man: I dunno how, but Senor knew Phish's accountant. It was a sweet hookup. Anyway, the Halloween show in Las Vegas was going to be the hottest ticket of 1998. We all got shut out of the lottery process and was not able to score tickets. We had a hotel booked, plane tickets were bought... but no Phish tickets. This was going to be an epic night. Senor was flying in from NYC. His brother, Jay, flew in from New Orleans, and I flew down from Seattle with some friends... including my buddy Ty, who had never seen Phish before. When Senor told the accountant his problems with tickets, he said, "No problem!". The accountant scored Senor 4 tickets and pulled a few strings so I could purchase 4 tickets to the three set Halloween show directly from Phish! All I had to do was send Phish's secretary my credit card number and Phish would leave tickets for me at Will Call under Guests of Phish. It all seemed simple and easy, but the scene around the Thomas and Mack Center was insane. Of course, we were too wasted and I dunno how we found the Will Call line but we got our tickets. Now in between all this mess, Senor had somehow gotten extra tickets for the 10.30 show through Ticketbastard. With four extras he did not know what to do with them. We all wanted to go inside, he was too messed up to deal with trying to sell them, so he just stopped random people outside the venue and gave away the tickets for free. First a young Phishy chick, maybe 18 years old at the max, she was wandering around with her finger high up in the air shouting, "I need a miracle!" Alas, Senor showed her one ticket and she excitedly hugged him. Over the next few minutes he made miracled three other Phisheads desperately looking for tickets. One guy was willing to give him $100, but Senor declined and walked away. Alas, it was one of my favorite Senor moments... and one of the coolest things I ever saw him do. Yeah, it was Vegas... and four Phisheads got lucky and saw an amazing concert... all thanks to Senor.

No comments:

Post a Comment