Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Charlie's Goldfish!


The title of my script is called: Charlie's Goldfish. It is a 111 page screenplay.

The original title is taken from an E-Story that I wrote with Mona LaVigne last month. The only similarities in both projects are the title and the names of two of the characters. Aside from that, there is nothing similar about the screenplay and the E-Story.

OK, the deadline for PGL is tonight at Midnight. I will be notified via e-mail on October 25th at Midnight if I made it into the TOP 250. At that point, Round 2 begins, and I have more stuff to do.

So until then, I have to review 4 other scripts starting Friday or Saturday. So my script will be read at least 4 times by other writers. If I get high marks, I'll make it to the next round. If not, I get the stiff arm from PGL, and re-write the script so I can shoot it next summer.

I also want to keep this project going. I am considering writing Charlie's Goldfish: A Novel. I feel that my ability as a writer was constricted in screenplay format and I can breathe more life into these characters if I have more freedom to explore and not hold back on history and dialouge. OK more to come.

Thanks to everyone for their support, understanding and words of encouragement. And thanks to my brother Derek for the cool birthday present. More to come... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment