Tuesday, October 08, 2002

I let some members of my Writer's Group read the script, Charlie's Goldfish. Here is what Jessica has to say:

"I just finished it. I must confess, I love this screenplay. I didn't expect to love it, and I went into the straight reading trying to be subjective. I tried to remember that the people reading it at PGL neither know you nor love you. It was hard, but I just put myself in it, saw it on the screen.

It's brilliant... a good story with good characters. It's cheesy and feel-goody (especially at the end), but it's got every solid element of a successful screenplay. Submit it. Send it in. DO NOT HESITATE. It is worthy of at least the Top 250, and who knows what else. You have nothing to lose by sending it.

When I first read it, I felt that there was nothing of you really in it, in any aspect. But now I see that you really did put yourself into it. I mean, you poured yourself into this screenplay for 10 days. You sweat and bled into it, and it shows. It's full of love, just like everything you write.

I am, more than ever, terribly and incredibly proud of you. No matter what Affleck and his boys think, with this screenplay, you are successful."


No comments:

Post a Comment