Saturday, July 17, 2004

Today in Phishtory... 7.17

I saw two Phish shows on this date...

7.17.98 The Gorge, George, WA: Quite possibly that show represented one of the best sets of Phish I had ever seen! Definitely makes my Top 10 Phish shows list. The boys opened up with Makisupa Policeman. Set II was epic... 2001 > Mike's Song > Weekapaug, Character Zero... and the encore was PYITE > Rocky Top. The Gorge is my favorite outdoor venue to see live music next to Deer Creek, IN and Red Rocks, CO. I met Angela, the most dorable Phishy chick from central Texas, at that show. Who would have guessed that 18 months later... we would be dating for almost a year and have seen over 40 shows together all over the country.

7.17.99 Oswego County Airport, Oswego, NY: A two day festival in the middle of a Phish summer tour! The first show was not as good as the second show, however, the Tube opener was special for me... who was jacked up on four hits of liquid sunshine. In the second set, Wolfman's > Sneaking Sally > Wolfman's > Timber Ho! was one of the better segues of that summer tour. Caught the show with Gil, Senor, and Spider... who was wearing the most hilarious T-shirt ever with the motto Don't put your dick in my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment