Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Way of Pauly

Someone recently asked me, "What is a typical day like?" That's hard for me to answer. But I'll tell you how today went.

5:58am... Got up to take a piss and never fell back asleep after a flimsy four plus hours of slumber. I was writing by 6:15 am.

8:30am... I completed my daily two hour writing session and started working on another project. Some of my writing music included The Grateful Dead, Peter Tosh, Charlie Hunter Quartet, Billie Holiday, and The Flaming Lips.

9:15am... I skimmed all the daily newspapers online in 20 minutes, while writing emails back to scammers/spammers in Nigeria. I'm trying to scam the sammers.

10:03am... I ate a quick breakfast (chicken breast sandwich on a roll and two mini black and white cookies) and fired up Party Poker.

10:30am... I registered for a multi table tournament. 1247 players including fellow bloggers Boy Genius and Al Can't Hang. First place paid $1247!!

11:07am... Al Can't Hang busted in 893rd place.

11:09am... Boy Genius eliminated in 885th place.

11:57am... I'm knocked out of the tournament when I went all-in with AQs. I lost to pocket aces... AA! I came in 690th place out of over 1200+.

12:07pm... I started playing on a regular NL table after a five minute smoke break.

5:30pm... After seven straight hours of playing online poker, I logged off, down $14 for the day, or a losing rate of $2 per hour. I'm exhausted and my eyes are a little strained. I've been in front of a computer for over 10 hours today.
 
And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment