Sunday, July 21, 2002

Got my ER Bill from Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan this week. I have to pay 100% of it because I have no insurance. Here's the rundown:

ER Visit Charge: $550
X-Ray Charge: 3 Fingers: $132
Radiology Charge: $25
NY State Surcharge: $55.79

Total: $752.79

$752.79 is the price I am billed for getting my finger snapped back into place by an Ivy League educated, White, Jewish, male doctor who speaks perfect English, that works in a hospital in near Spanish Harlem. If you haven't been to an ER in NYC recently, then you wouldn't know just how lucky I got to have to pay top dollar for the best doctor on rotation that morning.

If you would like to donate any money to the Tao of Pauly ER Bill Fund send me an E-mail and I'll write you back more information on how you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment