Saturday, July 13, 2002

Tao reaches readers and artists in Japan!!!



Read this e-mail I got from Marcus Grandon a Japhan from Tokyo, whom I met during Phish's 2000 Tour of Japan. He has a new book coming out on Monday called Fried Sushi which you all must read! OK, here's his e-mail to me:

Hi, First of all, I want to say that I think you have a killer website. I loved surfing around its various corners.

Pauly, I am Marcus Grandon from Japhamily, tour and that world. Sometimes, people refer to me as Tokyo Marcus. Not Marcus from NYC.

While I know that we have partied in the same buildings on numerous occasions, I am not sure if we have talked. Are you the same Pauly that I hung out with in San Francisco for the Les show on 12/30/00? We did the Les show then walked across to that bar, hung out, and you told people that I was Christian Slater (As he looks just like me). It may not be you, I can't remember your last name. I think that this Pauly is Canadian.

Anyway, I am really writing to you because we are of like minds. Check it out: I am a writer, I have a video production company (Grand Marquee Productions - A part of NIkmat Enterprises), I studied business as an undergrad and worked in the corporate world for a few years (what was I thinking?).

Among the numerous projects I have been a part of in the last year, one has finally come to fruition. I, along with a group of foreign writers living in Japan, have published a book of short stories to be released in bookstores here on Monday. Our book is called "Fried Sushi - Stories by Foreign Writers Living in Japan". We have mostly fiction, but have also included some travel writing. It is a cool mixing of the talents that gives this book some real energy. 24 stories by 6 writers.

See attachment for an invitation to our book release party tomorrow.

We were wondering if "Truckin" would like to run a travel story, or perhaps a bit of fiction from 'Fried Sushi'

BTW, nice piece on Fukuoka. As for my contribution to Japan tour, well, I have nearly 5 hours of digital video footage in my archives of the places we saw, and scenes from outside the venues. I am trying to get around to editing them. Maybe this summer.

Peace, Marcus



Editor's Note: If you can pick up Fried Sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment