Saturday, July 27, 2002

I'm writing a new novel. It's offical. I started the new one, oh, about three weeks ago. But I threw it out. All of it. Yes, this morning, I chucked it, and started a re-write. Draft #2. That's when I know it's a serious idea... when I scrap what I got and start again from Page 1. I have been riding a steady wave of inspiration the last few weeks, coupled with a freshly discovered confidence in my writing ability (thanks to the support of my new Tuesday's Writers Group) and the particpation of my friends and fellow scribes with my projects (Truckin & E-Story) which has really gotten my creative juices flowing and the words are seeping out of my head and brain and need to go somewhere...

So far the new novel is called: Untitled 2002. Exciting, huh! If I write one page a day, I will have a 340 page novel by July 4, 2003. That's my goal. I'm being as realistic as I can regarding my time, taking into account my employment circumstances and lack of time to write, in addition to sharing my writing time with the daily ramblings to the TAO and the monthly E-Zine, Truckin'. More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment