Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Today in Phistory.... Four Years Ago Today


On Air East, Tokyo, Japan 6.9.00 Posted by Hello

Phish 6.09.00, On Air East, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Set I: Axilla, Taste, Billy Breathes, Poor Heart, Golgi Apparatus, Funky Bitch, The Moma Dance, First Tube, Chalkdust Torture

Set II: Tweezer, Bouncing Around the Room, The Mango Song, Squirming Coil, Gotta Jibboo, Meatstick, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: You Enjoy Myself

This was the only Phish show on the Japan tour that I did not go see. I couldn't find a ticket. Only Beano had a ticket. Senor and I were shutout. I ended up listening to the show at the back door to the club. I met a roadie there. He was cool. Before the show, I met Zobo for the first time, in addition to several Japhans, including the guys from Horse... Yuh, Jun, and Kohei! I found out that shrooms were legal in Japan (at that time) and met a few folks from Osaka who were selling them on the street. I also met a girl, who was my Japan tour crush. We hung out at every show. Ah... it was just my second day in Tokyo. We ate at a noodle bar for lunch. I scored hashish from Iranian dealers. It was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment