Monday, October 06, 2003

My Most Creative Thoughts Happen Between 3 and 5 AM...

Sunday was a brutal day. Savage is an adjective that comes to mind. All my bets on NFL pro games failed miserably. I looked like a Roy, shed to peices after his White Tiger snatched him up and tried to kill him in front a crowd of cash poor tourists (on Friday night at the Mirage). It was Vegas, so the alcohol drenched crowd seriously thought that the freaked out tiger carrying off the body of its master like a rag doll was part of the flashy show. It was not. Although I should be lying in a hospital bed after the beating I took this weekend betting, I am not. I still have both my arms and legs, wondering why oh why did Oakland get whoooped by the lowly Bears? I couldn't pick a winner at all yesterday. Except baseball! Yes, baseball has been berry, berry good to me.... I took the Cubs and the Marlins before October started, and it looks like I picked two hot winners. The Yankees finsihed up their series and will move onto the next round. And I am awaiting the A's to finish off the lowly Boston Redsox, so I can collect a wad of cash from dejected Sox fans. What the fuck is "Cowboy Up" anyway? Have Sox fans embraced cheesey catch phrases to drown out the constant beating heart of the Curse of the Bambino? Cowboy, what? Sounds like something terrible, stupid, and dispicable. Like an over-the-hill Madonna kissing Britney Spears, just to sell a few CDs.

Before I log off, I must remind you of the madness that is encircling our political world. Buzz is a buzzing in DC after "the leak" which may or may not make Watergate look like am annoying dripping sink, or a huge tidal wave, ready to wipe out the political careers of no less than a dozen journalists and White House staff members. And how about the Recall? There's more mud being flung from all over the place. Arnold... he's a druggie. He's a Nazi. He fondles women. But he's famous, so he'll win the Recall. Where is Gary Coleman when you need him the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment