Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Screenwriter Mike White: New School is an article and interview with the writer of School of Rock, who also penned Orange County and The Good Girl. He also acted bit parts in all of these films.

Here's a bit: "The key to having any kind of success, was just channeling all of that energy into writing. I just kept writing, and I would write script after script, and some of them sucked and some were ok, and I got passed the, thinking I’d written a masterpiece and waiting through lunches or meetings or whatever, like somehow that was gonna save me, and I’d just try to finish a script and start thinking of the next one. I think out of all of it, it helped me get a voice, and certainly made me realize that there was stuff that I really could do and there was stuff I could do that was just ok. And there’s such a need for real material, that I think if you can just add it, eventually someone is gonna figure it out. I just think a lot of people fall into the trap of thinking that there’s a million ways to become a writer without actually writing (laughs)..." - Mike White

No comments:

Post a Comment