Monday, March 22, 2004

Monday Morning Writing Session

I just had a great writing session this morning. Music definitely sets the tone for me creatively, espeically on a cold, freezing, dark Monday morning. I fired up Thelonious Monk and one of my favorite albums of all time Monk's Dream. I used to paint to Monk's Dream all the time. Alas, if you didn't know, Thelonious Monk was a part of a group of musicians who helped create Bebop. Monk's Dream was recorded in NYC in November 1962... and it still stands up to the test of time. It's one of my favorite jazz albums of all time and gets me fired up to work. I also listened to some Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane (Spring 1957, NYC)... featuring Art Blakey on drums and Coleman Hawkins on tenor sax. Oh man.

So I caught up on my daily two hour writing sessions (March Madness threw me off schedule) and now I'm fixing to work on the next issue of Truckin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment