Thursday, March 11, 2004

More Ink! Some Comments About My 3rd Place Win...

I read some other blogs and got some nice quotes about how I played last night. I got some street cred after a sweet win against some great poker players from all over America, Canada, and elsewhere. Here's what some of the other players who watched the Final Table said on their blogs:

HDouble wrote:
The final table was exciting, and features a lot of bluff steals by both big-stacked Pauly and short-stacked Felicia.
Sean from Anisotropy wrote:
I hung around to watch the final table, full of very good players. Pauly, who at one time had a nice chip lead, busted out in 3rd when colder cards ran up against his hot aggressive style.
Grubby commented:
Pauly struck the fear of Jesus into me as he amassed a huge stack on the final table and (correctly) pushed around all the shortstacks. When push came to shove and he had to show his cards, a couple times he was found to have nothing. Noted for next time, bully Pauly!
Al Can't Hang wrote:
My first look around the table didn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Starting on my left... Grubby, Iggy, Pauly, Grubbette, and Felicia... I saw these guys and thought, this should be a nice short tournament.
Stick & Move mentioned:
Pauly made some good moves and went up to 21000, making him the heavyweight. Then he started some hardcore bullying that didn't fly, and he started bleeding back down.
The Poker Hermit mused that I was actually Wil Wheaton:
Plenty of table talk, including rampant speculation at the final table that Pauly=Wil Wheaton... I heard one or two players speculate, but Pauly would not confirm or deny.
And finally you read what Ugarte wrote:
Pauly had a huge chip lead. He then took his big stack and used it to push people around. He was raising from UTG, late position, the blinds - and he was building a superhuge stack.
More to come! Read my version of the tournament if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment