Monday, March 29, 2004

WBT III: Mean Gene KO'd Me with the Hammer!!

Last night, I got bounced from Felicia's PJK tourney on Planet Poker and finished in 13th place out of 21... in the third event on the World Poker Bloggers Tour. I was shortstacked and limped in UTG with A-8 suited. Rick Blaine called and so did Mean Gene in the little blind. The flop: A-2-7. The 2 & 7 were spades and I had top pair with a nut flush draw. I went all-in and Rick and Mean Gene both called. Of course, Mean Gene has the Hammer! And his two pair took out Rick's AQ and my A8. D'oh! Rick posted a good write up of what happened to Ugarte's Poker Grovel.

Felicia got knocked out on the first hand with QQ. She ran into Grubby's AA. When I left TPFelt was the chip leader.

Celebrity Guest: Roy Cooke

Felicia was working hard to get at leats once celebrity per week to play in the Sunday nigth events on Planet Poker. Last night... we had poker pro Roy Cooke play with us. At one point, we were tied for last place! He placed 10th (only a few ahead of me). Who could the next round of celebs be? We tried to get Wil Wheaton to play in WBT II. Grubby tried to get Ben Affleck and Evelyn Ng to participate in WBT I.

Thanks again to Felicia for setting this up! More to come.

Late Sunday Night Party

After I got bounced from the PJK tourney on Planet Poker... I hopped on Party Poker. My brother finally made the leap to online play and he joined Signor Ferrari in downloading and signing up for a real money account (using my bonus code: TAO4). I watched him play some low limit and he got his ass handed to him by serious bad beats. I saw both his AA and KK cracked by river straights or flushes. Whenever he had top two pair, he'd lose the showdown on the river to a guy hoping to catch an inside straight or a four card flush on the board. Oh well.

Myself? I got smoked playing NL Ring games. I have been getting schooled all weekend. I played for ninety minutes last night and did not play one hand outside of my blinds. When I had KQ suited in the big blind and I flopped top two pair (all rainbows) I went all-in to be called by the biggest stack at the table. He was on a open ended straight draw but caught runner-runner to get his flush. Ouch. I lost $20 on that hand. Now, my Party Poker bankroll took a huge hit since last Wednesday.

Time to hunker down before tomorrow night's WPT super staellite.

No comments:

Post a Comment