Sunday, November 17, 2002

Jessica sent me this comment in an e-mail:

Have you ever written something and then read it over...and realized that you are so fucking brilliant? I just did that...and it made me cry.

And my answer:

No. I never wrote anything that made me cry, but there are times when I re-read things I have written over the last 7 years and sometimes those words give me goose bumps and sometimes I get really high, a Writer's High, from my words, especially somethings I wrote years ago, words that still burn through me thousands of days after I wrote them. There are definitely parts of Jack Tripper Stole My Dog that I feel are some of the best stuff I have written to date... although I feel that the novel lacks a consistency that would enable it to be considered a decent manuscript. But there are definitely parts of it, when I would re-read passages on the subway coming home or going to work... when I felt I was impressed with what I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment