Monday, July 16, 2007

5:40

Had another one of those 18 hour work days and my day is not over yet. Still have an hour or so to write before I can crash. Nicky is fast asleep and the sprinklers just shut off outside my porch. When I drove home, the sun was out and most normal people were still sleeping on the West Coast, while everyone on the East Coast was arriving at their offices.

Beyond tired. Still sick. Run down. Beat up. But I have one more day left. I actually have Monday... er today... off. And then Tuesday is my last day of work for a very long time. I expect another late late night. But since it's my last one, I don't care. I just want to get this over with, so I can finally sleep and tune out for a few days. I think my next assignment is not for another 50 days. I am free. Finally.

As the lyrics to one of my favorite song goes... I'm waiting for the time when I can finally say that this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment