Thursday, December 07, 2006

Precious

We walked around the corner to the rental agency (only a two minute walk from Nicky and SHowcase's apartment) and picked up the car in less than 15 minutes. We drove one block to Nick's for breakfast (bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and wheat toast) before we loaded up the car with luggage, water, and CDs and hit the road.

The drive to Vegas was fast with next to no traffic. It took about four hours to drive from Hollyweird to Sin City with only a ten minute stop in Baker to load up on gas and water. Nicky craved Taco Bell even though I warned her about all the sick customers on Long Island and in New Jersey. She didn't care (even after seeing Fast Food Nation the day before) and bought an E. Coli Taco anyway.

I drove the last hour of the trip into Vegas. Nicky does all the LA driving and I take the wheel in Nevada. Most of the bloggers are staying at the Imperial Palace (second December in a row) for our convention this weekend. Usually I like staying at the Excalibur, but the IP is cheap and in the heart of the Strip. We got a decent room on a top floor with a Strip view without having to tip extra. I saved anywhere from $40 to $100 there. After a nap, we wandered across over to the Mirage for dinner and poker.

I ate a delicious desert called the Hot Fudge Volcano at the Caribe Cafe in the Mirage. It's a chilled plate with a bottom layer of hot fudge then topped by three massive scoops of Vanilla ice cream. Four tasty brownies are stacked together to form the base of the volcano. It's topped with more hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate chips, and a cherry. We could not finish it. Derek ad Daddy would have crushed it, but Nicky and I wussed out about 2/3 of the way through.

I played some poker against really bad tourists at the Mirage. One middle-aged frumpy chick with awful 1980s hair won a $400+ pot off of me and I although I only lost about $200 on that hand, I could have lost twice as much but made an unconventional move to save my chips.

After a couple of hours, I won $100 and decided to join Nicky at a different table for lower stakes. I drank a couple of beers and we eventually left after Midnight before returning to the IP. There were empty seats at a Pai Gow table and I ended up on a rush winning a few more bucks while knocking back two Makers and gingerales. The first one was basically a glass of gingerale with two ice cubes and a splash of booze. The second one was 50% ice but 45% booze and just 5% gingerale. The waitress, with tits the size of Toledo, called me "Precious."

Yes, I am precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment