Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Insomnia...

Last night I was wide awake thinking about my trip to Virginia in a month to see Phish... and thoughts drifted to my last Phish show at Shoreline in Mountain View, CA. The last few nights have been sleepless for me... and I admit that I have taken a well deserved break from writing after NaNoWriMo and November Truckin'... so I had alot of nervous energy and with no projects to work on, I decided to clean up the studio... first it began with my bathroom, which hasn't really been cleaned since the summer, and I did a half-assed job the last time I cleaned it. I gave it a good work over for an hour, and put up a brand new shower curtain. I also cleaned my kitchen, rotated a couple of paintings on the walls in the studio, then I framed a 1J picture that Gil made for me and our crew. I cleaned up my bedroom, putting away alot of clean clothes and doing laundry. I also organized my workspace and filed away old Truckin' stories, Charlie's Goldfish stuff, and notes from JTSMD. Then I tackled my orphaned CDs... which cluttered my space... stacks and stacks of CDs on top of each other... and I slowly made my way through and filed most of them away. Nearly all of them bootlegs of sort and I separated them into 4 piles: 1. Phish bootlegs, 2. Grateful Dead bootlegs, 3. Other bootlegs, and 4. actual CDs... then I began the ridiculous task of organizing all my Grateful Dead bootlegs chronologically... which I did not finish doing. SO... I guess I have been productive late nights and resisted the temptation to turn on the TV and channel surf to the wee hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment