Sunday, December 29, 2002

Sunday Ramblings...

The war drums beat on, as more troops are being dispatched to the Persian Gulf. The shadow of doom and gloom has been cast over the world since 9.11, yes, I know in many circles this cloud of so-called despair, hatred and ugliness had been festering for years, generations, and centuries... but for a while, in pre-9.11 NYC, things here in my world had calmed down to a dull roar... where as the biggest concerns on my mind used to be trying to figure out where my place in this world begins and ends, and whether or not my voice, my instincts, and my vision are sane, ripe and ready to be harvested. My dire confusion and inner turmoil regarding my artistic vision were on a collision course with real issues in my life... a stubborn and insincere family, shitty low paying jobs, lack of spending money, vile credit card bills, unpaid and defaulted school loans, lingering medical problems, smoldering romantic entanglements... all of which ended up on my plate in 2002. As I shovel the shit off my breakfast table, I make a collective sigh with the rest of the world, as we all hold our breath and wait... and watch (on CNN) what new mind numbing events will shape the New World Order, invade my diminishing personal privacy and alter my lackluster artistic vision. Yep, just another Sunday in the big city...

No comments:

Post a Comment