Thursday, July 15, 2004

Today in Phishtory... July 15

I saw three Phish shows on July 15th!

7.15.00 Columbus, OH: I caught the shows with Angela in a run that included 3 Deer Creek shows > 2 Columbus shows. The night before it rained so hard that they stopped the show after the first song. Anyway, the weather was much better and the boys busted out Roses Are Free in the first set. Second set opened with Down with Disease, While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Makisupa Policeman. I was pumped, of course, to hear one of my favorite songs.

7.15.99 Holmdel, NJ: Driving like 90 mph on the NJ turnpike when I was not caught in rush hour traffic with Senor riding shotgun and Modeski chugging beers in the backseat! The boys opened with PYITE > Ghost and we were a little late to the show. On the way home, we gave two kids from Texas a lift back to the City. Of course, the Pauly Mobile ran out of gas (in a toll booth of all places on the Garden State Parkway). Modeski and Senor tossed a glowstick back and forth as we waited for the AAA dude to arrive at 2am.

7.15.98 Portland, OR: I was living in Seattle at the time and hitched a ride with Sarah and her dog for the start of the summer Phish tour which included two shows at The Gorge. Wilson > Tweezer Rerpise was a sick fuckin encore!

No comments:

Post a Comment