Saturday, October 16, 2004

25 out of 973

I played in my first multi table tournament on Poker Stars and gutted my way to a 25th place finish out of 973 players. I made the prize money! I usually play on Party Poker... which I fully endorse on all my websites. There will be a poker bloggers tournament on Poker Stars on Thursday night... which I will be playing in Rhode Island of all places! I recently downloaded the software and funded my account after I sent cash via a Western Union transfer to a random South America country. It felt good to win on a different site. I actually like Party Poker better... but the last two World Series of Poker Champions qualified and play regularly on Poker Stars... so I might play a tournament every once in a while on there.

I had been trying to win my way back into an Aussie satellite in order to try to win an all expenses paid trip to Melbourne, Australia and a seat in the Australian Poker Championships in January. I won two sub-qualifiers this week (one this morning)... and the first place prize paid a free seat in the $70 qualifier. I places a disappointly fifth place in one and I have yet to play the second one. If I win the qualifier, I make it back into the satellite. If I win the satellite, I go to Australia and have a shot at winning over $1 Million Aussie bucks. It sounds confusing... but it's really simple. I have to win at every level to advance to the next level!

$10 Sub Qualifier >
$70 Qualifier >
$600 Aussie Million Satellite >
$10,000 Seat in the Australian Poker Championships

No comments:

Post a Comment