One of my readers, Rob, sent me this email:
I've got a challenge for you: What are your Top 10 specific *live* Phish renditions? (For example, "Wolfman's Brother, Coventry Day Two, 2004") No song may be repeated more than once. Venue and date required.That's a great idea, Rob. Here's my answers. Sorry it took me so long. I wish I had more time to really get into this idea! I'll elaboarte more soon.
This are the best versions I saw... live.
1. Wolfman's Brother, 6.13.00, Club Quatro, Nagoya, JapanStay tuned. I'll be working on the best live versions... ever.
2. 2001, 6.14.00, Drum Logos, Fukuoka, Japan
3. First Tube, 6.16.00, Zepp Theatre, Osaka, Japan
4. Mike's Song, 7.17.98, The Gorge, WA
5. Piper, 6.19.04, SPAC, Saratoga, NY
6. Boogie On Reggae Woman, 9.18.00, Coors Ampitheatre, Chula Vista, CA
7. Harry Hood, 12.30.94, Madison Square Garden, NYC
8. Ghost, 10.31.98, Thomas & Mack, Las Vegas, NC
9. Weekapaug Groove, 10.22.96, Madison Square Garden, NYC
10. Divided Sky, 12.29.98, Madison Square Garden, NYC